Factory visit to build the rudder AND fly the plane!

Finally! We arrive!

The Zenith Factory. These folks made us feel at home the moment we walked into the office!

Nice panel!

Roger (factory demo pilot) and me flying the plane.

Missouri scenery

There are a number of demo planes...I flew this one because it has the engine I will be using...Continental O-200
I wanted to take this one home!!! Next time I will take BIGGER lunchbox!


Now we start the build...where do all these parts go!?!?!?
It gets easier...




Sharlene riveting a rib

Riveting the spar doubler
Sharlene and Roger clowning around...Roger is pretending to scold her! The Zenith folks really make you feel at home!
Steve is making sure I get this right! If you get in a little jam, get Steve!
Sharlene deburring the rudder skin...I think she had more fun than me!

Rudder clecoed and ready for final rivets.



More rivets


Sharlene turned out to be a craftsman (craftswoman?) at this!


Building so fast I'm a blur!


Sharlene pulling the LAST rivet!
Finished!

HEY! It fits!!!

Steve helping wrap it up for the trip home.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog